Caution Artist

Caution Artist
Works at night

Thursday, September 10, 2009

White Noise a poem by S. M. Smith

White Noise

As I sit before this big white mirror

Textured canvas of the seer

Does it reflect a vision dear

Perhaps bright light of moments past

Will this be the matrix of such thin and fragile glass?



This blank slate awaits

It craves my brush with human lust

Shall the mark I make be filled with hope?

Shall it state all that cherished fate?

Perhaps that moments passed

Now it is too late

In waiting have I lost my faith



A white solid door

Behind wide closed eyes runs the pigment of desire

Passions lost

Paid at such a human cost

I can paint no more



Texture rough with tooth

This shall hold such naked truth

Reaching from creative core

Paint

Paint until there is no more

Paint the greed

War that

Turned man into its wretched whore



Stark and white

Foreboding wall rising high

I hear your demanding cry

You'll leach from me until I am barren and devoid

Of empathy

A brush held worn and muddied

Shed hairs of youth

Glued in bondage

A creator's truth of lost creative

Time


White noise of conscience

Driven to produce

A golden mean

A perfect vision

Balanced and pristine

The value humanity has lost

A palette of such wanton waste

Paint

Paint the lines now etched into

Earths face

S. M. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment